Seller guarantees that this puppy has been examined by a licensed Vet and found to be in good overall health before going to his or her home. The Buyer agrees to have the puppy examined within 4 business days following the purchase by a licensed Veterinarian. We ask that you give the puppy the first day after going home as a rest/acclimation day, and schedule your vet appointment as soon as possible after that. You must keep a written record of your vet check.
Our Congenital Guarantee is defined as a Guarantee against a condition which dates back to the fetal stage and would severely impact the quality of life and be considered life threatening. No other conditions are covered in this Contract, except the limited Parvo/ Distemper guarantee which is detailed below. Should puppy develop one of the above described conditions this contract guarantees a replacement puppy only, no money will be refunded. Conditions of the replacement puppy guarantee will also be outlined below. Buyer agrees to educate themselves to common health conditions or ailments the breed may be predisposed to and considered common within the Shih Tzu breed. These conditions will NOT be covered by our health guarantee. We do not guarantee size, confirmation or trainability of a puppy.
Buyer agrees to the following:
- This dog will not be placed in a rescue situation, (humane society or rescue group) or resold to a pet broker or pet store or laboratory. Should the buyer no longer be able to care for the dog it is agreed that the dog will be returned to the breeder. Buyer understands that while seller provides a lifetime home guarantee for all puppies no money will be returned to the buyer at any time. Any money made from the adoption of the puppy/adoption of dog is kept by breeder to help cover costs of offering such a policy to ensure the none of the dogs we breed ever end up in a shelter or rescue situation
- The puppy must be taken to a vet within 4 business days in order for the health guarantee to be valid, a record must be provided of such.
- The puppy must not be taken out to public places until his/her shots are complete and they are fully vaccinated. Visitors should wash their hands before handling the puppy. Puppy will be provided plenty of rest as well as adequate exercise in their new homes. Failure to abide by this could cause serious illness or death of the puppy and will make the contract null and void.
- The dog must be spayed or neutered before he or she reaches 7 months of age. The buyer understands that dogs can be fertile and reproduce beginning from age 6 months on and we do not want any accidents to occur.
- The puppy will not be used for breeding purposes. If the puppy is used for breeding purposes than the contract will become null and void and legal ramification may be sought.
- Size is an estimate only. We make every effort to provide you with an accurate size estimate of the puppies “ideal” weight or size but we cannot guarantee size as mother nature always has the final say and we cannot be responsible for dogs who receive too rich of food, too many treats and not enough exercise in their new homes. Color can also not be guaranteed because the breed is double coated and the color may become darker or lighter with age and depending on weather the dog has been shaved down into a puppy cut or kept with full hair. Even though we specialize in smaller Imperial size Shih Tzu we do occasionally have standard size Shih Tzu and cannot guarantee that your Shih Tzu will be under 9 pounds and under 9 inches.
- The puppy will be kept on a quality commercial grade food. Good nutrition is very important and Beauty’s Shih Tzu cannot be responsible for conditions resulting from or intensified by obesity, starvation, malnutrition or common food allergens.
- The puppy will receive any and all recommended vet care which includes and is not limited to Vet exams, shots, worming, flea/heart worm prevention and any other care recommended by your vet. Records must be kept of such care.
- The puppy will be kept in buyer’s home and will not be kept kenneled or crated for crated for excessive periods of time and will never be left chained outside or in an outdoors only environment.
- The puppy will not be abused or mistreated in any way, weather accidental or intentional. Beauty’s Shih Tzu reserves the legal right to take back the puppy at any time with its properly signed AKC papers should this situation occur. This is at the sole professional discrimination of the breeder and there will be no compensation provided to the buyer in any way should this situation occur and all other warranties are considered void.
- Breeder determines when puppy is ready to go home. Puppy will be at least 2 pounds, vet checked and eating comfortably on their own. Breeder has sole discretion about when we feel a puppy is mentally/physically ready to go their new home.
- Buyer agrees that they will contact breeder before euthanasia is performed. Should euthanasia be performed before contacting the breeder than this contract will also be terminated and no replacement puppy will be given. Should a puppy expire an autopsy must be performed (at Buyer’s Expense) and the Buyer must provide Beauty’s Shih Tzu all written findings which state the defect and cause of the puppy’s death within 72 hours of the Autopsy. Beauty’s Shih Tzu will then send the results to our vet who will review the results of the autopsy. Buyer’s Vet will be available for consultation with Breeder and or our Vet or Specialist if deemed necessary. No puppy will be replaced for any reason that fails to have proper veterinary care or is abused in any way. All medical and other expenses accrued by the buyer for the puppy are responsibility of the buyer.
- Buyer agrees that puppy will be returned to breeder after breeder’s vet has accepted the results of buyer’s vet within 72 hours. If the puppy needs to be shipped, buyer will ship puppy on first available flight. AKC papers/application and all ownership will be transferred back to Beauty’s Shih Tzu at this time. Any Shipping will be at the expense of the buyer.
- We will cover Parvo for 72 hours after the puppy leaves our home as long as the puppy does not visit any public places. We cannot cover Parvo/ Distemper any longer than this because there will be no way for us to know where or how the Parvo/ Distemper was contracted. We will ONLY cover Parvo/ Distemper if you contact us IMMEDIATLEY following the diagnosis and it at that time it will be our choice to continue treating the puppy with your vet or transfer the puppy to our vet. If you treat the puppy without our permission all costs will be your expense and will not be reimbursed to you. A replacement puppy will be offered if puppy does not survive the treatment or if puppy is returned to us within 7 days of the diagnosis. Any expenses paid by you will not be covered by breeder.
Should buyer qualify for a replacement puppy he or she will be given one of the same value from the next available litter. Buyer may choose to wait, as we know the grieving period or financial means will be different for each individual. Replacement puppy will be the same gender and Value. Should buyer choose a more expensive puppy buyer will have option of paying the price difference. Should buyer choose a less expensive puppy than buyer will forfeit the difference in price. Buyer has been made aware that Seller does not have puppies available all the time and may have to wait for their replacement puppy especially if desiring a specific color, gender or size.
All of our puppies are placed with a Spay and Neuter Contract. Sorry no exceptions.
Purchaser agrees to spay or neuter puppy by the age of 7 months. The majority of puppies should be spayed or neutered between 4-6 months. Our recommendation is puppy should be 3 pounds or bigger at the time of spay or neuter. If the puppy has not reached a safe weight/size to spay or neuter than purchaser agrees they will contact Beauty's Tiny Shih Tzu with the recommendation from their vet to wait longer and the reason as to why. Please make sure your vet is familiar with and comfortable Purchaser has been made aware that physically both males and females can reproduce as young as 6 months so it is in their best interest to avoid any possible accidents and have their puppy spayed or neutered at an appropriate age. No AKC papers will be given until proof of Spay/Neuter had been received and at that time purchaser can request AKC limited Registration application if they so desire.
Proof of Spay or Neuter must be sent to Beauty's Shih Tzu by the time the puppy is 8 months of age. Failure to do so results in the rights and ownership of the puppy and the buyer must the surrender of their puppy to Beauty's Shih Tzu at purchaser's expense. There will be no money refunded of any kind to the purchaser if they have to surrender their puppy. If puppies are produced purchaser agrees to pay a fine of $2,500 per puppy produced and must still surrender their dog. Purchaser agrees that he or she will be responsible for any or all fees incurred for the safe recovery and return of the puppy to Beauty's Tiny Shih Tzu.
The Internet and Puppy Sales:
While we do maintain a website and online presence we do not feel we sell/adopt our puppies electronically. We require a phone interview to ensure our puppies go the best homes for them and we are the right breeder for you.
The internet has many benefits, but there also downfalls of the internet. The internet allows one to spread information very quickly and possibly in a permanent and very damaging way. We read about breeder wars on almost daily basis and do not want to be involved in any such wars or disputes on the internet.
As breeders we strive for perfection but every dog will have flaws, just like we do as people. Ultimately Mother Nature has the final say. Not all puppies will mature the way we hope them to mature and there is the possibility of defects.
That being said if you choose to circulate negative information about our breeding program, the puppy you have purchased etc. on any type of public forum your contract will be considered null and void and we may consider legal action for slander. Should there be problem with your puppy, buyer and the puppy breeder ( ourselves) will try to resolve the issue in the most civil and mature manner and neither puppy buyer or breeder will post anything about this issue in a public forum.
Lifetime Home Guarantee:
Unfortunate and unplanned circumstances do occur in life and should you no longer be able to keep your puppy buyer agrees to immediately notify breeder. No dog will ever be placed in the humane society or rescue situation. Breeder will try to help you find a suitable home or may choose to take back the dog. Buyer agrees to surrender all legal rights to the dog and sign over AKC papers to the breeder should this occur. Buyer understands there will be no refund of any money. Breeder will find each of our puppies or adults a suitable prescreened home if necessary. Any money made of the placement of the dog in a suitable home will be applied toward the care of the dog while with us or toward the next puppy or adult dog who may need this service.
The sale of this purebred Shih Tzu is made upon the following terms:
Call Name of puppy:
Date of birth:
Color, (at the time of sale, colors can change. Pigment is guaranteed):
Name of buyer:
City: State: Zip Code:
Price of the puppy:
Deposit received: Method of payment:
Shipping or delivery Charges:
Amount due before the puppies goes home (balance less deposit or any other payment received):
The buyer agrees that the acceptance of PayPal or credit cards through PayPal/ or our banks is for the convenience of the buyer and that buyer is responsible for any fees for using such a service. No charge backs will be filed for any reason.
No other warranties or guarantees are made expressed or implied. Please note: Due to the possibility of unforeseen circumstances in our lives as well as yours, this contract will be considered null and void if the Breeder is no longer breeding during the Buyer’s 5 year Health Guarantee.
Any disputes regarding this purchase will be litigated in Breeder’s County and State of residence at the expense of the buyer.
I (Buyer’s Name):_________________________________________________________ have read and understood all terms stated in this contract. Date__________________________
I have approved the above stated buyer and have received all paperwork applicable for me to complete the sale of this puppy to his or her new owner.